Conditions of participation
conditions of participation
- Until September 15, 2019, 23:59 hrs, the pictures including the real contact data (name, address, e-mail, telephone) have to be uploaded via the form on https://pa-award19.contesta.at By sending the photos, the senders also accept the conditions of participation. Shipments arriving after this date will not be considered. Photo+Adventure recommends all participants to submit pictures early. Each participant can submit a maximum of three pictures.
- The images must be submitted in JPG format. The maximum file size for the first submission is 12 MB. A resolution of at least 2000 x 3000 pixels is required for printing the award-winning images; 3000 x 4000 pixels at 300 dpi is better. For the judging phase it is sufficient to send in a copy with an edge length of 1200 pixels. If necessary, the pictures will then be requested again in higher resolution for later use in the context of the winning exhibition at Photo+Adventure 2019. The file size limitation will be removed for this request. A transmission of this data is only necessary, however, if the picture is awarded by the jury and selected for use in the exhibition. The participants will receive a separate message shortly after the deadline. If the participant is unable to submit a photo within 14 days of receiving this notification that meets the minimum print requirements, Photo+Adventure reserves the right to subsequently exclude the submitted work from the award.
- The file name must not contain the participant's name or allow conclusions to be drawn about the participant's identity. Ideally, the participant should give the submitted work a title with the file name, for example "Heimat_Bergsee_01.jpg". Alternatively, the title can also be marked in the form field "Remarks". The awarding of a title is voluntary, but a good title can help to arouse the interest of the jurors. In principle, however, the picture must be able to speak for itself, so the title should not exceed 30 characters in length. Longer explanations in the "Remarks" field will not be sent to the jury. If a participant does not award a title, Photo+Adventure reserves the right to award a title itself if the prize is awarded and the work is considered for the exhibition. The use of digital watermarks or other signatures in the picture, from which conclusions can be drawn about the author of the photo, is generally prohibited. The EXIF data including the author's name must be included in the image data.
- Only digital images are permitted. The digital editing options are limited to changes in tonal values, contrast, brightness, sharpness and colour temperature, as long as this does not change the image message. Images in which image elements have been added or removed by editing are excluded from participation. In case of doubt Photo+Adventure reserves the right to request the RAW files. HDR technology, focus-stacking and panoramas, composed of several photographs, are permitted.
- The risk of loss of or damage to image files during online transmission shall be borne by the participants. Liability on the part of Photo+Adventure, Bolch & Wiltner OG is excluded.
- Photo+Adventure kann unpassende Bilder ohne Nennung von Gründen vom Wettbewerb ausschließen. Zum Ausschluss führen auch Verstöße gegen die Teilnahmebedingungen.
- Photo+Adventure can exclude unsuitable pictures from the competition without giving reasons. Violations of the conditions of participation also lead to exclusion.
- Photo+Adventure will notify the winners by email. Photo+Adventure recommends all participants to add the email address firstname.lastname@example.org to their address book. This will prevent the spam filter from rejecting reply e-mails.
- By submitting a photo, the participant confirms that he/she has photographed the photo himself/herself, that he/she owns all rights to the photo without restriction, that he/she does not violate any personal rights and that he/she has received a written declaration of consent for participation in the competition from any persons who may have been photographed and from holders of rights to the objects depicted. The participants release Photo+Adventure and all partners and media from any claims of third parties.
- With the submission, the participant grants Photo+Adventure and the media partners an unlimited, non-exclusive right to use the pictures in terms of space, time and content. In addition to the use of the image in a photo exhibition, this also includes, but is not limited to, the distribution and publication of the images on photoadventure.at, in press releases, in the media and on social media channels. The awardees cannot claim a usage fee for the named uses.
- The participant agrees that their name may be mentioned as the author.
- The jury alone decides on the winning pictures. Each jury member evaluates the picture on his own without knowledge of the evaluation of the picture by the co-jurors. The jury's decision is final and incontestable.
- The participant may withdraw the photos from the competition at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com stating the photos concerned.
- A cash payment of the prices is not possible. Photo+Adventure reserves the right to cancel prizes for certain reasons (e.g. delivery difficulties, lack of availability) and to replace them with prizes of equal or greater value. On the part of Photo+Adventure, Bolch & Wiltner OG no warranty or guarantee claims are granted on the profits. It is the responsibility of manufacturers or sponsors to fulfil these as a gesture of goodwill. Price quotations are based on the UVP of the manufacturer, quotations of the respective price sponsor or estimates of the organizer. Errors are not excluded. If the prize cannot be accepted personally, Photo+Adventure reserves the right to hand it over to the next winner and/or to send it against payment of the postage costs at the risk of the recipient.
- All image acceptances and awards of the competition are valid for the VÖAV honor points. Patronage 24/2019
- If applicable, the General Terms and Conditions of Photo+Adventure, Bolch & Wiltner OG, available at www.photoadventure.at, apply. Legal recourse is excluded.
Status: April 25, 2019